With a Growing, Family-Owned CompanyView Positions & Apply Online
We are always looking to add both new graduates and experienced technicians to the Butler team who value great relationships with teammates, are customer-driven, strive for excellence every day, have high levels of integrity and accountability, and focus on safety in everything they do. If you think this aligns well with you are, and you're looking for an opportunity to grow your career, Butler Ag Equipment could be the right employer for you. We have a variety of technician positions open across our 20 store locations and we’re excited to talk with you about them!View Our Open Positions
Butler was founded in 1955. We are a third-generation, family-owned company with over 800 associates in 20 locations across North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Montana. We are proud to support our customers from a variety of industries including construction, agriculture, government, demolition and scrap handling, mining, landscaping and power generation. We sell and service equipment from manufacturers such as Caterpillar and CLAAS (ND and SD), AGCO, Drago, Horsch, Trail King and more.
We are looking for self-motivated, hardworking, team-oriented, customer-driven diesel service technicians to join our growing service team throughout our four-state region. If you have a passion for working with construction, agriculture or power generation equipment in a team environment, and are eager to continue learning throughout your career, you will be right at home at Butler.
Butler’s emphasis on professional development and career growth is evident with on-the-job training and opportunities for advancement within our service departments and throughout the company. Butler’s commitment to growth and education for our technicians is shown through ample annual training opportunities; our service technicians receive over three weeks of training each year, on average, through a blend of online, classroom and shop curriculum at our state-of-the-art training center in Fargo, ND.
Whether you’ve been working for years, are just starting your first job after graduating from school, or are a high school student interested in our co-op program, Butler Ag Equipment can find the right opportunity for you and help take your career to the next level. The future of our business is dependent upon developing the capabilities of individuals who live our company mission, demonstrate our values and are hungry to grow their careers. If you think you would be a good fit at Butler, we want to hear from you! Click here to see our current openings and apply online. If you have questions about a technician career at Butler, or have any trouble with the application process, please email email@example.com or give us a call directly at (701) 298-1735.
- Health Insurance – 4 plan options including 3 High Deductible plans
- Dental Insurance – 2 plan options
- Vision Insurance
- 8% Annual Retirement Contribution
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC options - Cancer Insurance/Accidental/Hospitalization/Short Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability Coverage – 60% of salary paid by Butler
- Maternity Benefit
- Holidays – 7 days company paid
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Healthcare Plan options) – Employer contribution up to $1000/yr
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(K) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – including Health Coaching
- SmartDollar – employer paid financial planning program
- Legal Shield/ID Shield products
- Other company-sponsored benefits include uniforms, safety glass allowance, optional Credit Union membership and educational assistance.